September 28, 2021
TOKYO—Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") has begun shipping test samples of "TB9083FTG," a pre-driver IC for automotive applications that include brushless motors for electric power steering systems and electric brakes.
Toshiba will ship final samples in January 2022, and will start mass production in December 2022.
TB9083FTG is a three-phase pre-driver that controls and drives external N-channel power MOSFETs for driving a three-phase brushless DC motor. It supports ASIL-D functional safety and its compliance with ISO 26262 2nd edition allows use in for highly safety-critical automotive systems.
The new IC has a built-in three-channel pre-driver for the safety relays that control and drive the relays for motors and power supply. This eliminates the need for external components and helps reduce the part count.
TB9083FTG is housed in a small P-VQFN48-0707-0.50-005 package (7.0mm x 7.0mm (typ.)) with a wettable flank structure. As the need for redundant design imposes restrictions on electronic control unit board area, adoption of this small packages helps to reduce the total mounting area.
- Electric power steering, electric braking, various types of pump, etc.
- Supports functional safety
- Developed in compliant with ISO 26262 2nd edition
- Safety manual and safety analysis reports
- Built-in functional redundancy, ABIST, and LBIST
- SPI interface with CRC checking
- Three-phase pre-driver
Control and drive of three-phase power MOSFET (Nch x 6pcs) are available
Chopping PWM frequency can be set up to 20kHz
- Built-in three channels pre-driver for safety relay
It can control / drive three relays for each phase of motor. Otherwise, one channel controls / drives three relays for motor collectively and another two channel control / drive relays for power supply.
- Built-in amplifier for motor current detection
For voltage amplification generated in 3-phase shunt resistor
6 types of gain setup are possible.
- Small package
Small surface mount wettable flank structure P-VQFN48-0707-0.50-005 package with E-pad
Follow the link below for more on Toshiba’s automotive brushless motor driver ICs including pre-driver ICs.
* Company names, product names, and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.