April 26, 2022
KAWASAKI – Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") has started mass production of 21 new microcontrollers in the M3H group as new products in the TXZ+™ Family Advanced Class, manufactured in a 40nm process. The M3H group includes an ARM® Cortex®-M3 core running up to 120MHz, integrated max. 512KB code flash, and 32KB data flash memory with 100k write cycle endurance. These microcontrollers also offer various interface and motor control options, such as UART, I2C, Encoder, and Programmable Motor Control. M3H group devices are suited for a wide range of applications including motors, home appliances, and industrial equipment.
In response to the diversity of consumer equipment, the new M3H group products have enhanced communications functions integrated as UART, TSPI, I2C, and a 2-unit DMAC. Moreover, a digital LCD driver is integrated to reduce the number of components for Display function, facilitate contrast adjustment, and ensure a flexible board layout.
These devices support a variety of sensing applications with a high-speed, high-precision 12-bit analog/digital converter (ADC) that allows individual sample and hold times to be set for each of the 21 ADC input channels. In addition, they provide a solution suitable for controlling AC motors and brushless DC motors in combination with an advanced programmable motor control circuit that can operate synchronously with the high-speed, high-precision 12-bit analog/digital converter.
The self-diagnosis functions incorporated in the devices for ROM, RAM, ADC and Clock help customers to achieve IEC60730 Class B functional safety certification.
Documentation, sample software with actual usage examples, and driver software that controls the interfaces for each peripheral can be downloaded from the Toshiba website. Evaluation boards and development environments are provided in cooperation with ARM global ecosystem partners.
- High-performance ARM Cortex-M3 core, max 120MHz
- Optimized for consumer equipment with a wide range of memory and package lineup
- Self-diagnosis functions for IEC60730 class B functional safety
- For the main control of consumer equipment, home appliances, toys, office supply, health care equipment etc.,
- For the motor control of industrial equipment
See the URL below for further details on new products.
See the URL below for further details on Toshiba Microcontrollers.
MCU & Digital Device Sales & Marketing Dept.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.