November 18, 2021
KAWASAKI, Japan—Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") has launched a high voltage transistor output automotive photocoupler, “TLX9188,” for isolated signal communication in automotive equipment, including electric mobility vehicles. Volume shipments start today.
TLX9188’s high voltage photo transistor delivers a collector-emitter voltage rating of 200V, 2.5 times higher than Toshiba’s current TLX9185A, a first for the company. By specifying maximum values for switching characteristics (turn-on time, turn-off time), the new photocoupler can be used as a unidirectional switch. It can also be used in feedback circuits of analog signals in 100V to 200V equipment, helping to reduce the cost of application circuits.
- Battery Management Systems: voltage monitoring, mechanical relay sticking detection, ground fault detection, etc.
- Feedback of analog signals, etc.
- High collector-emitter breakdown voltage: V(BR)CEO=200V (min)
- High current transfer ratio: IC/IF=100% (min), rank GB
- High isolation voltage: BVS=3750Vrms (min)
- Wide operating temperature rating range: Topr= -40 to 125°C
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- IATF 16949 certified
Follow the link below for more on the new product.
Follow the link below for more on Toshiba’s photocouplers.
Isolators/Solid State Relays
Follow the link below for more on Toshiba’s automotive devices.
Optoelectronic Device Sales & Marketing Dept.
* Company names, product names, and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.