January 20, 2022
KAWASAKI, Japan— Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") has launched “TLX9160T,” a normally open (NO) 1-Form-A photorelay suited for high voltage automotive batteries. Housed in an SO16L-T package, the new device is Toshiba’s first to feature a high output withstand voltage of 1500V (min). Volume shipments start today.
Incorporation of high voltage MOSFETs in the new device achieves an output withstand voltage of 1500V (min). An SO16L-T package made of a resin in the IEC 60664-1 international standard material group I, which has CTI exceeding 600 and four fewer pins (pins from 11 to 14 are removed from existing SO16L package), realizes creepage of 5mm or more at the device’s detector. This ensures support for 1000V supply voltage under IEC 60664‐1, suiting the photorelay for high voltage automotive applications with a battery voltage of up to 1000V.
- Automotive equipment
- Battery Management Systems: battery voltage monitoring, mechanical relay sticking detection, ground fault detection, etc.
- High output withstand voltage: VOFF=1500V (min)
- Normally open (1-Form-A) device
- Avalanche current rating: IAV=0.6mA
- High isolation voltage: 5000 Vrms (min)
- AEC-Q101 qualified
Follow the link below for more on the new product.
Follow the link below for more on Toshiba’s Isolators and Solid State Relays.
Follow the link below for more on Toshiba’s Automotive Devices.
To check availability of the new products at online distributors, visit:
Optoelectronic Device Sales & Marketing Dept.
* Company names, product names, and service names may be trademarks of their respective companies.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.