Product News 2021-04
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation (“Toshiba”) has launched “SSM10N954L,” a common-drain 12 V N-channel MOSFET for battery protection circuits used for Lithium-ion (Li-ion) battery packs of mobile devices and other equipment to expand the lineup.
Li-ion battery packs use highly robust protection circuits to enhance safety. And it is also demanded to reduce heat generation during charging/discharging Li-ion battery. Such protection circuits require low power loss and high-density mounting, therefore, small and thin MOSFETs with low On-resistance are needed.
Similar to the previously released SSM6N951L, the new product uses its micro process and has further reduced its On-resistance. This allows the product to offer low power loss because of its industry-leading low On-resistance characteristics. And by also featuring low standby power consumption because of its low leakage current from the gate (low gate-source leakage current), it helps batteries to operate for longer time. In addition, it uses the new package TCSPAC-153001 (1.49 mm x 2.98 mm, t : 0.11 mm (typ.)).
- Industry-leading low On-resistance : RSS(ON)=2.2 mΩ (typ.) @VGS=3.8 V
- Industry-leading low gate-source leakage current : IGSS=±1 µA (max) @VGS=±8 V
- Small size surface mounting TCSPAC-153001 package : 1.49 mm × 2.98 mm, t : 0.11 mm (typ.)
- Common-drain structure that can be easily used in battery protection circuits
Devices with a Li-ion battery pack
- Office and personal devices (Smartphones, tablets, power banks and wearable devices, etc.)
- Consumer electronics devices (Game consoles, electric toothbrushes, compact digital cameras and digital single-lens reflex cameras, etc.)
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.