Product News 2021-03
Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation ("Toshiba") has launched five automotive bipolar transistor products for MOSFET gate drive circuits and LED drive circuits of automotive backlights and other applications : “TTA500, TTA501, TTA502, TTC500 and TTC501“. They use the small and highly allowable SOT-23F package to collector power dissipation. The lineup includes collector-emitter voltage ratings from -50 V to 50 V and collector current ratings from -2.5 A to 2.5 A.
The new products use the SOT-23F package and features absolute maximum ratings and electrical characteristics equivalent to products using the larger SOT-89 package. In addition, they have reduced their mounting area by about 60 % with equivalently allowable collector power dissipation. This helps reduce the size of equipment.
The SOT-23F package uses a flat-lead structure while remaining land-pattern compatible with the SOT-23 package. In terms of mounting reliability, it has been checked against the temperature cycle requirement levels for automotive applications and satisfies the mounting quality requirements for automotive applications. The new products are also AEC-Q101 qualified.
And another product TTC502 that has 120 V collector-emitter voltage rating and 1 A collector current rating will be in mass production.
- A wide range of collector-emitter voltage ratings in the lineup : VCEO=ｰ50 V to 50 V
- Small SOT-23F package with highly allowable collector power dissipation :
Featuring a collector power dissipation rating of 1 W (@DC) with a package size of 2.4 mm x 2.9 mm (typ.)
- AEC-Q101 qualified
- Automotive equipment (LED backlight, accessory light, etc.)
- Consumer equipment, industrial equipment (LED Display device, etc.)
The application circuits shown in this document are provided for reference purposes only.
Thorough evaluation is required, especially at the mass-production design stage.
Providing these application circuit examples does not grant any license for industrial property rights.
* Information in this document, including product prices and specifications, content of services and contact information, is current on the date of the announcement but is subject to change without prior notice.